Friday 8 June 2018

Weds 23rd December 2015 - Pugsleys New Paint


Many thanks go to Brian for picking up my Pugsley frame from the painters and taking it home today :-* I drove down to Brians and picked it up tonight after work and am not too long in, about 10.30 or so.
When I seen it at Brians I was a bit underwhelmed, but Brian did say it stood out more in the daylight. Either way it looked better in silver than it did in white and I did say that the flake would be subtle and small, like glitter. I think Brian thought it would be really magenta, hence why he calls it Priscilla Queen of the desert.
There was a fair bit of rough edging to it that I have spent the last couple of hours trimming, but its all fine and has come up very well. I am far happier with it now, to be fair I think I only was seeing the negatives when I seen it at Brians for only a few minutes before putting it in the car, and this was after a long busy day and then a two hour drive. Brian did remind me it was a big ask to do what I wanted in powdercoat. It required 2 coats the colour and then the clear with a flake and to be really fair they did as I asked or wanted, but due to this it is thick :D
Anyway I am really pleased with it and will hopefully over the next few days get it decaled and back together.
Unfortunately I just realised that the old style decals I got for it in white don't have a pair of fork stickers, so will sort that with Gil. I will also change a few bits in the new year like stem and seatpost from black to silver but for now the old gear will go back on it.
The frame looks for all intents and purpose like it is a straight silver but in the light you pick up the magenta. The flake is very small and quite subtle but hopefully on those rare Scottish days when the sun shines it will then stand out.
I am quite pleased with it as it was pretty much what I envisaged in my head and will hopefully look OK in the daylight.
Its silver with a nod to the old purple Pugsley ;)


Silver
  DSC_1119 DSC_1113 DSC_1118 DSC_1129

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...