Friday 8 June 2018

December 19th 2015 Trucker evening ride.


A nice day weather wise up here in the north, with just a slight breeze slowly picking up this afternoon to a strong force tonight. Originally should have been down in Inverness picking up my Pugsley from the paint shop but once again it wasn't ready due to them not being able to get their bigger blaster fixed. Thankfully they are going to try/get it done in their small blaster and reckon it will be ready for Wednesday before they shut for Christmas. Shame I am at work through till 5.30 on Xmas eve. Oh well, January it is.
Anyway after day of family stuff I decided fairly late on a trip round the coast was needed. It took me a short while to get the Trucker fitted with its lights (made sure they were charged), changed and out the door but I still had some daylight left. The rough plan was to head out past Mey on the back road then head west around the small coast roads and up to Dunnet Head, then back home on the one straight through road. I thought a couple of hours should be fine as I was not racing, I just felt like getting out and spinning the legs, seeing what was happening etc. I knew the bulk of it would be in the dark and that's what I was looking forward to.
Everything, including most of the roads were still wet/damp, especially the singletrack ones that make up most of the coastal route. This wasn't a problem as the trucker has guards and it was clean enough anyway. There was some gravel about that I had to be cautious of in the dark as it just seems to blend in under lights.
It was a nice run and felt good to be out in the cool air working away. The wind steadily picked up force as I went and spent the run home into a 3/4 crosswind just to make not too easy a run.
Virtually no traffic and so its always really cool and relaxing to be blasting along come round a bend and see nothing on the road for the next mile or two, no cars, no houses, just the countryside lit up by the moon with the road directly in front aglow from your lights. Nice :)
I hope everyone else had some good weather today and maybe had the chance to make the most of it.
Again, just thought I would share.

Jamie
DSCN2096 DSCN2099 DSCN2104 DSCN2112 DSCN2107 DSCN2120 DSCN2123 DSCN2138

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...