Wednesday 6 June 2018

July 10th 2014 - 1X1 Ride

July 10th 2014 - 1X1 Ride 
Strathpeffer

Tuesday was such a glorious day up here and mid afternoon I said to my boss 'its far too good a day to be working, I should be out riding' then cheekily added ' can I have tomorrow off as I need to go for a ride as weathers great' To my suprise she hesitated and then replied 'sounds good, why not, enjoy yourself'
So a quick text to Brian (epicyclo) to see if he was up for a mid week ride and a plan was hatched. His son and his girlfriend were up from Edinburgh and had their singlespeeds so they would join us.
I left about 7 and drove down to Brians for about half 9 and we spent the day riding to Strathpeffer and then up into the hills along some great trails. Some were pretty overgrown and the nettles and ferns were taller than me ( dont laugh) but it was a great mix. A good bit of climbing, some bits dry and others a bit wet so a good variation.
Brian and I were on our 1X1's equiped with dirt wizards, obviously the choice of men with taste :lol: I must say that running them with low pressures felt great all round and didn't slow me down like I thought it would on the road section. Its been a while since I gave the 1X1 a good long ride and with these tyres its makes it better still. I really love this bike and the way it rides and after spending most of my time on the Pugsley lately it now feels even more spritely :lol:
Anyway, thought I would share what was a bonus day when I should have been at work.
Thanks go to Brian for the company.

Jamie








 photo DSCF3273.jpg  photo DSCF3277.jpg  photo DSCF3272.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...