Tuesday 5 June 2018

STRATHPUFFER 24hr Race 2015 - Pugsley

STRATHPUFFER 24hr Race 2015


After a solo effort at the race the year before and ending up as the lantern rouge (last) I joined my friends in the Fatty Owl team. It was a very different experience racing in the team compared to solo and the sitting in front of a fire guilt free when it was so cold was a bonus. 
We came second in the team of 10 group which was a major step up from the year before, though I should say I am a rider not a racer. I raced my motorbikes when younger as well as my bikes and now I like to compete but it's not anything serious. This race though is a challenge more than a race, having a 24 hour mountain bike race  in the Highlands of Scotland in the middle of winter is all about surviving till the end. Great times with good friends. 


 photo DSCN0763.jpg Brian who was riding solo as usual with his trophy for having ridden in all ten events.  photo DSCN0759.jpg Team Captain and Manager Chris 'Troutie'  photo DSCN0747.jpg  photo DSCN0740.jpg Si ready to go  photo DSCN0726.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...