Wednesday 6 June 2018

May 2nd 2015 - Mercian KOM Mock up


Last week I spotted some tyres for sale in the Planet X sale. They were Continental Hypers but in 40mm. After riding around on 25's on the Merckx on these rough roads I thought they sounded pretty good. Being reduced from £40 to £7.00 is what made me look at them. I thought they would make a nice comfortable cruising around the countryside tyre. I knew there was never any chance they would fit the diminutive and slender stays of the Merckx, and my Trucker is 26''. So I thought I must have something they would fit, I've started builds on lesser things ;) Last night I dug around in the loft and while looking for something in the Dura Ace spares box I thought I would have an experimental quick build of a frame that's been hanging for a while. I have no cash for a build so I dug out a mix of 7400/2/3 Dura Ace and 3TTT stem and bars, my old Edison built open Pros on Ultegra and had a play. Would need a seat and post only. Just playing though as I have no room or real need. As I said just playing around.

Jamie


 photo DSC_0344.jpg  photo DSC_0342.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...