Wednesday 13 June 2018

Feb 27, 2016 - Pugsley back together after repaint!



Put the Pugsley back together today. Was supposed to have been done ages ago but due to family stuff and a good few weird problems with my old BB it was put on the backburner. I thought I better get my finger out and sort it for Dunkeld but then a few hassles again with a bb cup and it was only chased out yesterday afternoon and put together this afternoon. Now Dunkeld is cancelled I will have it out as its been out of action for a while now.
I was originally going to just put it back together as it was before but then as time went on I thought of a few changes. Only minor stuff as changed the stem from black to a polished race Face, thanks Kaiser, then same for the seatpost, stem spacers etc. Polished up the sides/braking surfaces of the Large Marge rims.
Bottom bracket was a pain due to Truvativ not doing the Hussalfelt anymore and finding a 100mm one near impossible then when I did it was about £60, so I ended up just buying a standard one for £16 and using my axle and internal shield. If I changed BB then I would have to change chainset as well.
Then after a good few years using only the H bars off road I decided to try, for a change, a set of Surly Torsion bars I had picked up before NOS. I liked the bend and it was only this afternoon once it was all together that I thought, what the hell, I'll try them and see how they go. I only had a short ride but they feel really nice. They are strange long as due to the bend and where it is they tend to look from certain angles as though they aren't symmetrical. they are its just an optic.
Anyway I just thought I would share as the sun was out and the sparkly bits in the paint were noticeable. It wont unfortunately be this way for long as I must say the paint is....poo...If you look at it the wrong way bits start flaking off, I did up the brake bolts gently, and it was just flaking off. When I put the front wheel in the drop outs and was doing it up, Heather who was having a coffee on the back step remarked that she could hear the paint cracking. Oh well, such is life.
Here's a couple of pics.

Jamie

With old bars DSC_1198 DSC_1204 DSC_1218 DSC_1227 DSC_1229 DSC_1232 DSC_1233 DSC_1234

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...