Wednesday 6 June 2018

April 5th 2015 - Random thought time


I'm just thinking about changing my gruppo out on the Merckx, just to freshen it up a bit. That one has been on there since I built it new, so the cranks as original as that frames ever seen. I have a few spares about and can either swap some of the stuff out for Dura Ace 7700 or I have a full Dura Ace 4700/4703 in the spares box as well. It is a triple but in all these years I think I have only used the granny ring about half a dozen times in 13 years. More pride and stubbornness than good legs. I built it as my everyday transport back then and I had no idea where I would end up so just replicated what was on my TCR when I came to the UK. It wasn't really retro then so it was built more workmanlike than for racing. That crank runs 52/42/30 with a 12/25 cassette. Just going to go back to the same as my old Squadra with a 53/39.

Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...