Friday 8 June 2018

New Years Day! January 1st 2016 - Quick cold ride on the Merckx


Thought I better start the New Year as I plan to go on. So after getting Caleb sorted this morning and waiting a good while for the ice to melt on the road I went out and put a few miles on the Merckx. Its been a while since I had it out, at least 6 weeks or so and I thought I would give it a last run before stripping it completely and swapping over groupsets, or at least partially.
Anyway it was just an hour or so and it was absolutely freezing up here, well below freezing actually. It was -1 just before I went out and the same or less when I got back in. The wind was just a light breeze but at that temp it took the feeling out my fingers pretty quick. Anyway it was good to be out, and after riding the Trucker lately and having Caleb aboard, the Merckx certainly feels featherlight and very quick by comparison :)
Anyway just one pic that Heather took when I was just heading out. (and I was happier than this pic makes me look )

Jamie


DSC_1115

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...