Wednesday 6 June 2018

April 5th 2015 - Merckx Ride out



Yesterday we had pea soup type fog and some rain later which was a real bummer.
Today was much better, it was quite sunny and minimal wind early on but the fog/harr was about as you couldn't see Hoy across the water at all until about 10 or so.
It was a good cycling day all round up here. Heather and Caleb are away at her mums for the weekend and so my early start with decent weather was going to plan, the wind was picking up as the day went on but luckily didnt get too bad. I walked the dogs early got sorted and ended up doing a good couple of hours out on the Merckx, though the fog was closing in all around at one stage. I got home around half past midday and then sat and watched the Tour Of Flanders on Eurosport until about 4.30 or so. Did a few things then got another quick couple of hours out on the Merckx again. Out round the coast and then a quick loop up to Dunnett Head as the harr/fog lifted in that direction and you could actually see it. Got home, fed and walked the dogs and then watched the Dew Tour BMX on the box while I cooked some dinner.
A good bike day indeed. :D
Brian text me and asked if I wanted to join a couple of the guys down his way fatbiking in the morning but unfortunately I cant as my car is not running right and its waiting on parts. My lead dog Star is also not doing great and needs medicated at set times, so I dont want to leave her on her own for such a long day. It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to get to Brians before I ride so it would be far too long a day.
At least I have tomorrow off which is unusual for me, so heres hoping for some more nice weather and I will get a few more miles in.
I hope everyone has had a good one also. By the look and sound of it a good few have been making the most of the good weather today. Long may it last.

Jamie


 photo DSCN0947.jpg  photo DSCN0954.jpg  photo DSCN0960.jpg  photo DSCN0970.jpg  photo DSCN0974.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...