Wednesday 6 June 2018

December 31st 2014 Long Haul Trucker


I have taken the few days between Christmas and New Year off. My inlaws came up after Christmas and on Monday they took Caleb into Thurso to ride his scooter round the park, feed the ducks, get shopping etc. I said I was going for a ride and would most likely meet up in town for some lunch. It was a great looking day, though cold for sure, about 3 degrees when I set out. Its been cold and icy for days with our road onlty being gritted once a week. I did a loop round the back roads as it was so bright and clear but unfortunately some of the roads were still quite icy so on the way home which was half done in the semi dark with lights was on the main road. Not a long ride just a casual 20 odd miles round trip to keep the legs turning.
The Long Haul trucker was its usual solid ride and the marathons worked well considering the ice they were sometimes on. There were a few sections where I unclipped and had my foot on the flat side of the pedal to be sure. Crazy weather for this time of the year, as town is directly west from home I had the sun in my eyes for some of uit and it was hard to see whether the water on the road was actually water or ice.
Hopefully post later with some pics from todays ride on the Pugsley as am heading out for a couple of hours into the evening.
Jamie


 photo DSCN0650.jpg  photo DSCN0654.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...