Wednesday 6 June 2018

March 9 2014 - Merckx local coast ride



Hi all
Another lovely Sunday afternoon.
With the morning being wet and blowing a gale, this afternoon had dried out quite a bit and while the wind was still pretty strong and gusting, it was still good enough to enjoy battling the wind.
After getting family/household stuff done and having lunch, I spent the early afternoon in front of the box watching Maxima Roma. Another great race this weekend after Strade Bianche yesterday.
I thought I would go out and get a few miles in on the Merckx and head round the coast, up Dunnett Head and then cross country to home. It was definitely windy and up here with no tree's or hills to slow it down, it just seems to grind you down. It was still nice enough weather, not too cold, no rain just windy and a bit sort of hazy. Not the best for picture taking, but I took a few anyway.
Once back home I still felt like a few more miles so asked Heather and Caleb if they wanted to head out to JOG's and meet up for a coffee and cake. There's a route out that's right on 10 miles so I could give it a bit of effort and see where I'm at, or more to the point how far I am from where I was ;) especially after not just a winter riding on the dark side (mtb), but with the majority of the last 12 months riding on the dark side, neglecting my roadie roots :oops:
Anyway after getting quite a bit of riding in the last month or so I am pleased I'm not as poor in form as I thought. Though I will never be as fast as I THINK I was :wink:
Anyway, a nice coffee and cake with the family and then home for late walk for the dogs.
A nice afternoon riding and also with the family.
Again, just thought I'd share a nice day, hope everyone else had a nice one.
Jamie  photo DSC_1002.jpg  photo DSC_1020.jpg  photo DSC_1010.jpg  photo DSC_1023.jpg  photo DSC_1024.jpg  photo DSC_1033.jpg  photo DSC_1037.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...