Wednesday 6 June 2018

April 11 2015 New Mavic Cosmos wheels for the Merckx


Today before a ride in to the hellish westerly wind I fitted some new wheels to the Merckx.
For years I keep saying I will build up some blue Open Pro rims but just never get round to it. Mainly due to having a great set of Open pro's built onto Ultegra hubs that I had Edison cycles in derby build when I first got the Merckx. Eventually after the blue rims getting higher in price I eventually could never find any when I tried the last six months.
So I purchased these from mark (maverick) on Retrobike.com. They are Mavics own Cosmos set, which is basically Open pro rims laced onto Mavics own hubs. I used to bypass these as I wasn't sure about blue hubs but these are really nice in the flesh. They are virtually brand new as Mark bought them for a build that didn't happen and before that Gil was the original owner and he barely used them, if at all.
So well happy, especially as they were very, very reasonable, price wise.
Being the same rim as what was previously on there and both having good hubs there is not any real difference in ride quality, which was already superb. I can also give a high recomendation to Edison cycles as these wheels have done many, many miles over the last 13 years, and a lot of that on roughish Scottish backroads and they are not out at all. To the mm.
Just thought I would share.

Jamie



 photo DSC_0334.jpg  photo DSC_0363.jpg  photo DSCN0983.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...