Wednesday 25 July 2018

Sun Oct 15, 2017 - Mercian ride between showers

Managed to upload a couple of pics for something else and managed to stick a couple from yesterdays ride on.
It was a good ride round the coast but the wind, which ramping up all afternoon, was great on the ride out but when heading back along the high road it was about a 25 mph headwind, full on in the face. The pace slowed until just near Canisbay I pulled into a layby on the singletrack road to let a smallish tractor past that had slowly been catching me up. It kept my mind off the wind as I raced from passing place to passing place to stay ahead. Anyway once past me I thought he's not going too quick, so I quickly pushed to catch up and then proceeded to draft along right up behind it for the next few, maybe four kilometres to almost home, sitting on a steady 34kph. A step up from the sub 20kph I could just manage in the wind. The old guy driving pointed to ask if I wanted round, I just pointed to the back of the tractor and gave the thumbs up, and with taking his thumbs up reply as his consent, I moved up to about a foot off the back and proceeded to roll along. I only lost the draft about a third of the way up the hill near home.
All good fun.

Jamie


2 4 5 6 1 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...