Friday 13 July 2018

Sun Apr 02, 2017 - Merckx ride out

Got a bit of a soaking yesterday on the Mercian when I rode into town to get some bearings for a wheel rebuild. beautiful and sunny when I left only for the rain to envelope the whole county and come down hard. Stayed in for most of the afternoon as well.
Today though, started quite wet once again so I settled in to watch the Tour of Flanders, thought I would watch the start and then go for a ride, come back and watch the end. That plan went out the window as things heated up and it was clear that the Dyer houses favourites, Tom Boonen and Philippe Gilbert were working together near the front and were soon in the break. So after a mammoth couple of hours watching the race live and cheering Gilberts win I thought I better get my backside out and put a few miles in. So circular route was devised and the Merckx was readied, seen as it was Tour of Flanders and it is after all, my Sunday best :) . Sun was out and it was a lovely couple of hours out just riding for the enjoyment of just riding, great way to close a nice afternoon. Merckx was it's usual flawless self.
Hope everyone else had a nice Sunday and hopefully managed a ride.

Jamie


DSCN3636 DSCN3644 DSCN3639 DSCN3640 DSCN3642 DSCN3650 DSCN3652 DSCN3660

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...