Thursday 26 July 2018

Sun Apr 01, 2018 - Merckx out and about - Flanders Weekend

Today I ended up sitting and watching Flanders this afternoon as every time I went to go out the door something else would go off. What a great race and seeing as I am a big Quick Step fan, it was a great result all round.
Afterwards I took a couple of hours spin round the coast trying to dodge the odd shower, which for once I did manage to do. Towards the end I was up at Dunnet Head and knew that if I didn't get home quickly I would soon be wet, either with rain or snow. Crazy weather as we had snow lying last night, today was either bright sunshine or dark rain clouds dropping their contents all with the occasional and random snow flurry.
I headed out on the Merckx seen as it was Flanders weekend and in honour of Quickstep winning I rode the closest thing I have to a Quickstep jersey and that was my old Paolo Bettini fan club jersey that was made in the old Mapei style. Not seen the light of day for a good while.
A good ride as all on my Merckx are and while sunny it was only just above freezing which meant being wrapped up. Roll on summer and short sleeves only.
I must say that after spending so much time on the Big Dummy lately, the Merckx felt effortless :)

Jamie

7 8 12 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...