Friday 13 July 2018

Sun Jan 22, 2017 - No Strathpuffer this year, withdrawn from race due to... so Big Dummy ride instead.

I unfortunately have not been able to make the Strathpuffer 24 hour or Kaisers Bawbags this weekend due to ...life...
I did however get out yesterday for a few hours in the afternoon on the Big Dummy. It was a glorious day up here, very clear which meant it was also very cold, I think it topped out at 2 or 3 degree or so. Had a afternoon out, stopped at a guys house who was looking at the Dummy and over a coffee he showed me a bike he has buried in his chicken shed, a bit of a state but hopefully it will soon be coming to mine for a clean and refurb as it's a really nice machine and it's in my size. I just have to negotiate with the hens :)
I then met up with Heather, Caleb and friends not too far from home but ended up being out longer than I thought and the sun was slowly going which meant I had to head for home quickly as while the Dummy has it's tail lights, all my other lights were packed in a bag in preparation for the Strathpuffer, which meant they were still sitting in the house
:(
Stopped and took a pic of the lovely clear sunset, really nice and then last night about 11 the northern lights were in full swing over Orkney.
Not a bad day considering I started it thinking I should have been somewhere else. A reason for everything.
Last week on Surlys blog they have the Friday dump and my picture of the Dummy under the moon was in it :)

Jamie


DSCN3337

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...