Thursday 26 July 2018

Sun Dec 31, 2017 - New Years eve Mercian ride

Well, like all plans, things change.
Wanted to get out and finish the year off with a ride and so finish as I hope it to go into next year.
I did get out for a couple of hours and despite it still raining and then sleeting with roads covered in mud and gravel etc I still had a good ride.
I ended up just putting my bag on the back of the Mercian and doing a loop to get a few miles in. It was too late really to head to JOG's and expect anything to be open so thought a loop more inland would give me a bit of protection from the wind that was slowly picking up. It had also been a while since I had put on my wet weather overtrousers and I also had a jacket to try out, along with wet gloves, overshoes etc. Good to get a few miles in the legs and was surprised that of the very few cars I did see on the back roads, two stopped to make sure I was OK when I stopped for a drink.
Anyway have a great New Year when it gets here and here's to many happy miles in 2018.

Jamie 001 003 004

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...