Thursday 26 July 2018

Sat Jan 06, 2018 - Into town on the Long Haul Trucker

A nice day Saturday with a stiff breeze but no rain, which makes a change from the rubbish lately.
Saturday afternoon I had a nice circuitous route into Thurso to meet up with Heather and Caleb for a coffee and a scone at the Surf cafe. Good excuse to go for a ride, as they had gone in earlier for some shopping. Was bitterly cold as the temp must have been just above 0 but it was a nice ride all the same. I was well wrapped up and as the ride home was mostly in darkness I had my lights charged and had backups as well, starting the year as I mean to go on.
Roads were a bit icy coming home in the dark but not too bad. I had my two lights out back and had the Hope light flashing on the front along with my cree led one mounted on the forks on full beam so all good.
Good to be out and about, always good to have family cake time as well as always good to ride the Long Haul Trucker. This thing is setup for and handles any and everything put in front of it. It is very like my 1X1 off road, in that it just fits, is comfortable or worn in and works as it should.
Hope everyone else is having a good weekend as well, whether riding or not.

Jamie


1 2 4 5 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...