Wednesday 25 July 2018

Sun Oct 15, 2017 - extract of conversation regarding my Brooks B17 Saddles on my Mercian, King of Mercia

Just a comment or question someone asked about how  do I find my Brooks saddle on my Mercian.
Thought it may be of some interest to someone as it is a often asked question on forums and sites.

'I like the Brooks. This one is just over a year old now and not that many miles really but it's comfortable already.
I have had the black one on my Trucker for a long time and it is great as well. I was dubious about all the hype and I was for a long time until I did a few long days in the saddle and my backside was fine. Like one of the days when I was away for the tour in August, it rained, was sunny, then it poured and I was soaked through to the core, then it dried out and I climbed the Struei near Bonar Bridge, I think I did about 140klm or so fully loaded from Tongue down to Brians at Dingwall, but not during or after did I even think about my backside feeling sore or tender, nothing at all. If I don't notice it then it must be doing it's job.' 

Jamie
DSCN1721 DSCN1733 DSCN1724

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...