Friday 13 July 2018

Sun Apr 09, 2017 - Merckx ride out local

Was supposed to be joining Brian, (epicycle) down in Inverness for another groups retro road ride on the Mercian but with so many things happening and start of school holidays I was needed at home. After sorting Caleb, myself, animals etc and also watching the start of Roubaix, it was time for a quick ride on the Merckx before the riders hit the first section of pave. With Heather having a lie in and feeling better, she was going to take Caleb down to his school so he could have a ride on his bike while I got an hour or two out on mine. The forecast was for rain at about 1pm and I was about up till 12 and it was certainly closing in. I went south cross country from here and did a loop back along the coast and the headwind was directly in my face on the open few kilometres and made it very hard going, not as hard as climbing hills on the Big Dummy, like I was doing yesterday, but still. It was a good ride, a few drops of very light rain a sign of things to come. Made it back for the second sectuer and changed and sitting here with Caleb cheering for Boonen.
Hope everyone else had a decent weekend. Hope you had a great one as well Brian :)

Jamie

I am heading down this hill straight into a very strong headwind, just turned round for a photo DSCN3700 In honour of Roubaix I did a short section of gravel DSCN3703 DSCN3707 DSCN3710 DSCN3711 DSCN3713 DSCN3716

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...