Friday 13 July 2018

Sat Feb 11, 2017 - Mercian Ride out

Great weather up here today and while it was cold, very cold, the snow from yesterday had gone and the breeze died down with the sun out for the most part.
To be honest the contrast between yesterday morning and this morning when looking out the yard showed how quickly the weather changes up here.
I had planned on getting out and doing a long run this morning but with family stuff needing sorted this morning it wasn't until after lunch I was getting ready to head out for a ride. I need to get a few solid miles in for a Randonnee audax next month and while the Trucker is setup I still had a crazy idea to get the Mercian out the loft and put everything back on for a couple of hours around the coast for comparison purposes ;)
Well I lost a fair bit of time getting it back together and once sorted thought I better put my lights on as time had moved on a bit.
Anyway it was a nice ride with a bit of tweeking of seat and stem. At first I felt like I was sliding down the seat and over the bars, I moved the seat up a notch on the level side. This made it better but it just didn't feel right and I just thought I am getting too old for this head down and bum up style :) It was while leaning so far over the stem that I thought ' I don't remember the stem being that low in the head before' . Obviously when I put it up the loft and loosened the stem to turn the bars sideway and the did it up, it must have dropped, then when I took it out today I just twisted it round and as it was tight I just nipped it up, I didn't re measure the height.
Ended up a nice ride and along the coast and up almost to Dunnet Head before turning to head home before the light went completely. I had my lights but the temp was dropping quicker than the sun and it was only just above 2 degree when I left. Nice sunset though so tried to get a picture but they never really come out how they look in real time.
Hopefully tomorrow I will get out and get a longer run in on the Trucker this time. Depends on a couple of other things but the forecast is looking promising.
Hope everyone else is having a good weekend and hope you get a ride in as well

Jamie

yesterday morning


Yesterday Morning DSC_1654 This Morning DSC_1657 DSCN3383 DSCN3385 DSCN3387 DSCN3392

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...