Thursday 26 July 2018

Sun Mar 25, 2018 - Cargo hauling with the Big Dummy

Well after spending the last 6 weeks going between Glasgow and home twice a week and Heather being down there all this time it was nice to have a quiet family weekend at home. Weather was decent and we had given assurances to Calebs school that we would be there on Saturday morning to help with shifting several tonnes of topsoil that was being delivered to the raised garden beds at the back of the school. We also said we would bring our barrow and spades. With that the Dummy was loaded and the barrow bungied to the rails and off we went. Took it in it's stride no problem. Getting back up the hill after lunch was a bit of a drag and certainly wondered whether I should have passed on the bacon roll and carrot cake. Went to the cinema in the afternoon to see Peter Rabbit with Caleb. It was quite good and he loved it.
Today was another cargo day as Heather had said that one of her friends could borrow the fold up bed and as I was wanting to go for a ride, would I drop it off on the Dummy? No problem once again though I was heading straight down the road out the front of our house towards Dunnet head and the wind was a full on headwind from the north, straight up the road. This turned out to be lucky as on my return journey after cruising round the coast just for the sake of having a ride I looked behind and noticed the rain coming down not far away and heading my way. I appreciated the wind behind me as I tried to get home quickly. Made it with about a minute to spare.
Home in time to watch Gent Welvgem while pulling apart some Mafac Racer brakes I am cleaning up to hopefully go on the Jack Taylor. Purely cosmetic but I swapped out the black washer sleeves for some red ones I got from a gentleman in France the other week. Look great but it's not all beer and roses as I undid the second spring the wrong way round and it let loose in a very severe way and may have broken my finger. Made putting it all back together a real pain, literally.
A good quite family weekend for me and for that I am grateful.
Hope everyone else had a good one and maybe got some miles in.

Jamie

Wellies in bags, gloves, where's the shovel? 

1 2 3 5 Mafac original arrival 11111 Mafac Clean 01 Mafac full rebuild and adjust DSC_1829

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...