Tuesday 21 April 2020

Sunday April 12th 2020 - Mercian - King Of Mercia Tourer - mock up build.

Not much from me to be honest, a quiet weekend as yesterday was rubbish weather so spent the day doing family stuff, and almost the complete opposite of Friday, nearly all indoors. Today the weather was again pretty rubbish and we needed to finish the garden but most work to the house was again indoors. Certainly lucky with Friday being so nice and Saturday, while the odd shower was nice and warm, so grateful for the ride out on the Big Dummy for groceries.
I had to go to Tesco over in Wick in my van tonight as Heather had a Click and Collect organised, from two weeks ago ffs, anyway it felt so weird to be driving so far and first drive in my van since before lockdown and of course a two mile this morning. Thought I was organised and running early, then realised I hadn't been in it since before the clocks changed.
I did do several cycling related things today, though I was really struggling with motivation, which not sure where it's coming from as have been putting in the miles lately and really enjoying it, just cannot be arsed for some reason to do several things I keep putting off build wise. If that makes any sense.
I am excited for another project that I may have coming and have to wait until after lockdown is over to pick it up. I say may be coming but hopeful it will come eventually.
Meanwhile I found a bit of time to mock up my Mercian tourer as I thought I might set this up for commuting. I changed the Weinmann cantis to a set of Mafacs I had, Stronglight triple chain set etc. I got so far and then had to go but it was coming together nicely. Then after I was back I made a start and laced up my SPDynamo front hub for the Big Dummy. So not riding as such but a bit of cycle related activity before back to work tomorrow.
I hope you guys have had a good Easter weekend and managed a ride or two in, for exercise of course.
Stay safe and hopefully we will be riding together in the not too distant future.
Jamie


IMG_2724 IMG_2722 IMG_2726

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...