Monday 13 April 2020

11th April 2020 - Big Dummy cargo hauling Easter groceries

Well today I had to go to town for some shopping and so the Big Dummy was put into cargo hauling duties.
There had been a few showers about was looking good for a while with the darker clouds hanging out over the sea. The wind from the west certainly made it slow going into town as I slogged mile after mile directly into it, but I just thought of how nice it might be riding home if it kept up.
There were still a few cars travelling about and I am sure I got a few intentionally close passes by a couple of right ar**wipes, but still they didn't spoil my ride.
I seen someone I knew across the parkway when I came into town and they shouted that they hoped I wasn't going to the co op as there was a two hour line waiting to get in!
I was luckily heading for Lidl and thankfully was pretty quiet and after parking up and getting my bags I was in and out pretty quickly, managing to get everything on my list and a couple of other items, so not bad at all. I can't imagine the co op being that bad as it's only a small town.
Anyway I was fully loaded with everything from 4 kilos of dog feed to cat feed to Easter Eggs and everything inbetween. So with a bit of juggling with packing everything was balanced and after a quick stop at the Bike Shop to pick up a couple of cables I was thankfully back out town and headed home.
I was grateful to have the benefit of the tailwind but it was a nice warm ride regardless as it must be the first time in short sleeves this year.
Was soon home and sitting out the back unpacking the bike and disinfecting me, the bike and every piece and bag of shopping before it could go near the house.
The Big Dummy was a blast as usual and was good to have it back doing a semblance of what it was meant for. As Caleb is not on it now I do wonder whether to sell it, keep it, put an electric Bafang motor on it, or just keep it as it is nice to ride.
I swapped out the saddle for my B66 Brooks the other week and this was the first decent run with it and it was so much more comfortable and needed no adjustment after my original setup on a short ride, so that was cool not having to stop and fiddle round with the seat.
So that was my exercise and shopping essentials in one, hope everyone is alright and you and your families are staying safe and healthy.
Jamie

The view from across the road from our Lidl, loaded and heading back through town to head home.

IMG_2700 IMG_2701 IMG_2703 IMG_2706 IMG_2707

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...