Sunday 19 August 2018

August 19 2018 - Big Dummy ride out

Had to get out for a ride today despite the forecast and the ever strengthening wind.
After being away and the finally getting settled back in with a few needed to do chores this morning I thought it was time to get the Big Dummy out and give myself a proper workout. I needed to ride it to check a couple of things as I have an 'accessory' coming for the Big Dummy, well that was my excuse anyway. More on that once it arrives. 
Heather and Caleb headed to town and said they would be at one of our friends after that so I said I will go riding, as I had a inland route in mind and hopefully meet up at the friends afterwards. I headed away from the coast and tried as hard as I could to avoid the strong 30mile an hour wind coming from the west, only problem was I needed to head due west for about 10 mile or so. I had loaded Calebs helmet into one of the bags along with a waterproof jacket and a long sleeve just in case the weather really turned, so that he could head home with me once I picked him up but it was a slow ride for a good section of it as the wind was relentless. I did stop and get a photo with some giant chickens that live locally (Rheas). I was thinking big bike, big chicken ;)
Arrived to an enjoyable and much appreciated drink and coffee and after sitting around longer than planned thought I better head home, especially as Caleb wanted to go round the coast and explore a couple of pathways/trails behind the sand dunes at Dunnet Beach. Weather was looking a bit iffy but was changing all the time due to the wind but we had a good ride home and fun around the beach too. A bit easier heading back but while a tailwind in parts certainly helped I also had an extra 25 kg on the back now :) 
All good as we had a blast and he was chatting, laughing and singing most of the way home. 


DSCN5129 DSCN5131 DSCN5135 DSCN5140 DSCN5139 DSCN5142 DSCN5147 DSCN5144

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...