Saturday 4 August 2018

4/08/2018 - Postmans Been! Some new parts for the eventual Jack Taylor build.

The postman left a parcel today that had a few pieces for the Jack Taylor when it eventually gets refurbished and built properly.
I already had a new Stronglight A9 headset sitting in the spares box for it along with a set of Shimano 600 Arabesque gear shifters and so today a set of handlebars and a stem arrived thanks to the Planet X sale. I wasn't looking at buying any parts just now but the prices of these were better than I could buy them secondhand  so I spent a little.
I ended up going with the Nitto NY3 stem and  the B135 Randonneur bars. I went with the B135s as I already have a set of B136 Randonneurs which are a slightly deeper drop but wider on the tops, and while happy with these I just thought I would have it set slightly different for this. These are probably closer to the old British touring bars you used to get.  Something different and a really good price.
The 600 Arabesque may go with the build though unsure of what that may be yet, still juggling a few ideas. It was always going to be a slow old build this one, no rush as it's not going anywhere.

Jamie


DSC_0185 DSC_0186

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...