Tuesday 7 July 2020

Sunday 5th July 2020 - Jack Taylor Sport - Build contemplations

A slight update, though not much new happened so far beside a wipe down and rethink on the build. 
Pulled the 1963 Sport down from the loft and thought I better start making some plans to get it built. Has sat in lofts for far too many years. Has had the BB and headset fitted but other than that, never had a brake bolt, seat post or seat bolt. tried to get a decent photo but there isn't even a paint chip or scratch at the brake bridge or binder bolt. Colour is still as great as when it was painted as the photos don't do the yellow justice. Not bad for being 57 years old in a couple of weeks.
Still not a 100% sure on direction and I change my mind often about how I want to build it but it needs to happen as I am itching to ride it.
Plenty of clearance even with the 27'' wheel fitted. These wheels are spaced for a wider frame but Brian has me a pair of very nice Weinmann rims that I would like to build onto a set of High flange first generation Dura Ace hubs, I know, sacrilege, though they are 120 and screw on 5 speed freewheel. I was toying with fitting a double chainset but this would mean fitting band on shifters and a cable guide for the front Derailleur as it only has these for the rear with only a right hand side shifter mount.  Keep then going back to just keeping as a single front 5 speed.
I have ordered a new 531 decal from HLoyds, I went with the standard one that is on it rather than the Jack Taylor version that says SPORT across the decal. This original one is flaking off due to not being lacquered.   
Would love to find some yellow Bluemels to fit as well if anybody knows of any.
I do have a couple of projects on the go but this keeps tugging at me to sort. Have been super busy with work since the start of the year and besides weekends have only had a day or so off so have spent the time with family and used the spare time to ride more than build.
Slow going but will try and bring this to the JT weekend which is at the end of August now,  instead of the trusty Super Clubman.
Anyway a few photos to keep it updated
Jamie IMG_3228 IMG_3227 IMG_3229 IMG_3234 IMG_3239 IMG_3238 IMG_3248 IMG_3242 IMG_3255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...