Tuesday 14 July 2020

Weds July 8th - Mercian build museings.

Can't believe it has been nearly 12 months and I haven't got this built back up yet.
I do have a couple of frames I would like to get built and ride even if it means rotating a groupset and having them mobile for a couple of months each before deciding what stays and what may go.
I have my Scot Ventoux to finish and this lovely Mercian. This will be running 9 x 3 speed so will to all effects be my modern Audax machine so will fill that role slightly lighter and quicker than my LHT tourer, which while an amazing tourer I sometime find myself looking for something lighter on a 200klm brevet.
I keep partially building it, then debating on a certain part then dismantling and putting away. I have got a couple of projects on the go but I really do want to build this up and use it again as my everyday rider.
Pulled it out the loft and checked it over and have now decided to put some Tektro sidepulls on it rather than the recently fitted Mafacs. Took a couple of pictures as it still looked nice even on a dull day :)

Jamie


IMG_3282 IMG_3290 IMG_3289 IMG_3291

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...