Saturday 30 April 2022

JULY 2021 - Flying Scot Tandem update

Have been doing some work to the tandem to sort it a bit nicer for us as besides setting up the stoker end for Caleb I haven't ever got round to the little things I keep meaning to do.

I gave it a strip down and a semi deep clean which was well needed and then fitted some Bluemel mudguards in red that I had buried in the loft for years. I originally bought some new SKS guards in silver and then remembered these. Tried both and much preferred these as I think the red suites it. Caleb agrees, so all good. 

I also finally swapped the bars and mismatched brake levers out. I know they were mismatched for a reason as the left one was a STI lever with the gear outlet carrying the auxiliary rear brake cable with the other being a standard non aero brake lever. So these were switched out to a set of  Tektro aero levers onto a nice Nitto B135 Randonneur handlebar, one of my favourites. New red cables and a long overdue service seen it ready for the next years adventures. 


Jamie


 

IMG_6226 IMG_6230 IMG_6237 IMG_6239

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...