Sunday 1 January 2023

30th December 2022 - Local Snow ride - Pugsley with new bars

 Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and spent some nice time with family.

I finally managed to get the Pugsley out boxing day evening and fit my On One Geoff bars after riding the last couple of years with the straight Nitto Surly bars. Fitted up my Troutie lights as well trying to make some effort to be prepared for the Strathpuffer 24hour race in mid January. 
Luckily the following day we awoke to a bit of snow and I managed a late afternoon/evening ride out while it was still snowing on and off.
The bars were great, so nice to be back on a loop bar and the Pugs ran nicely through the fresh soft snow, though it was maybe the engine that was not quite firing on all cylinders after being a bit unwell before Christmas. To the point where I even dug out the XT rear Derailleur and the 9 speed thumbshifter ready to try it. Thankfully I came to my senses and stayed singlespeed, must have been delusional. 
The bars were very comfortable and pretty much the same bend as other loops I had ridden and fell naturally to hand, lights, though for the ride I fitted my On One lights rather than the Troutie beauties, mounted nice and centrally thanks to the full loop across the front, and the 90mm stem seems so far to be a good fit for reach etc, not leaning too far forward but also not sitting too upright, though I did cover the Giant emblem on the stem with a Fatty Owls Racing decal. This with my lights and the ancient PDW Daves mud shovel mudguards, Nate tyres and 32/22 gearing seem like the setup to use this year. 
I worked out I have owned my Pugsley about 11 years now and it is still running pretty much the same setup for most of that time, changes in bars and tyres and also a change of colour, so no wonder I think of it like my Long Haul Trucker and 1X1 as being faithful, dependable stalwarts of the stable.
Happy New Year to each and all

Jamie 
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Almost Home Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...