Saturday 28 January 2023

27th January 2023 - New bars for the Larry vs Harry Bullitt

 I finally got round to swapping out my bars on the Bullitt for a set with a bit more reach and also slightly wider.  These are the On One version of the Jeff Jones  loop bars, ironically called the 'Geoff ' bars.

It’s moved the position forward a good bit as on long rides it was feeling a bit too short with the wide sweep feeling a bit close to my body. Often at low speed or when taking off they just felt a bit wobbly now and again. Nothing major but just a bit unstable sometimes when setting off. Not really been a problem as they have been fine for all this time, just felt it could be improved. Plus, I love these bars on my Pugsley and similar bend on my 1X1 mtb, and also have the benefit of somewhere to mount my lights until I re electrify it again.

Short ride but what an improvement, not that it felt bad before, but now just a lot more stable and comfortable. This is especially noticeable when setting off, gone completely is any feeling of instability, no matter how small it ever was, it is completely eliminated now. I think this is due to the width and the fact it is a 3 to 4 inches further forward which puts a bit more weight forward than what the previous setup had.  

Only downside is I must have sat the rear lever with the master cylinder not level when swapping about and level must have been low anyway and it pulled in some air as I quickly realised, I had no back brake whatsoever so now need to top up and bleed the rear brake. 
I am hoping to get the electric drive front wheel sorted very soon and start using the Bullitt for commuting more often than I currently do as well as utilising it more for the weekend runs to town and back. Hopeful to have it ready for the better weather come spring, meanwhile I just have to keep pedalling harder :) 

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...