Sunday 18 September 2022

5th May 2022 - Weekend away in Callander - Mercian King of Mercia

 For me this was indeed a long weekend as I had Friday off work and Heather and I were meeting some close friends from down Liverpool way for the weekend in Callendar. You may well ask, where is Caleb in all this? Well, he had a Boys Brigade campout from Thursday night through until later tonight, Sunday. So we were child free and heading for a nice hotel in a nice town to relax for the weekend.

Luckily I have a very understanding wife who agreed it would be a good idea to take a bike and check out some local routes while there. Maybe in the morning before everyone is up or later in the afternoon before dinner ;)
Well I put the Mercian in the van and some gear and ended up having two early morning rides consisting of a couple of hours each morning enjoying the glorious sunshine before heading back and joining the others for a late breakfast.
Saturday I headed east and took some dirt tracks which looped up a massive climb to a lovely waterfall. I did get some superb directions from a local lady who was out running and while I id question them once when I was faced with a bit of hike a bike I soon came to realise they were spot on. The small hike a bike section was worth it for the fantastic views. The dirt was a mixture of singletrack to gravel path and most things inbetween. It was really nice being back out in early morning sunshine and heat, putting in a great ride for a couple of hours and back showered, changed and heading for breakfast for 10. 

Whereas Sunday I headed towards Killin on good old cycle route 7, the Lochs and Glens route I normally only ride the northern section of. Beautiful cycle paths,  running for many miles on the opposite side of the river to the main road with, again, such lovely scenery made all the better by the lovely sunshine and warmth. Both days on the road by 7 and in shorts!
Anyway, here are a couple of photos.
Saturday:

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...