Sunday 18 September 2022

2nd April 2022 - Larry Vs Harry Bullitt out gravel exploring into the flow country Caithness. Lunch and a cuppa!

 After the less than ideal week with rain, snow and sunshine it was good to have the day live up to the forecast with bright sunshine and little wind for once. Not all great news as the forecast was also for rain and sleet in the evening. So after a quick trip to town for work this morning I headed out just before 12. 

Last minute plan was to drive out towards Loch More and head south on the eastern side of the Altnabreac loop but, I took a last minute detour,  instead of turning west at the old Dalnawillan graveyard I headed south on the rapidly deteriorating dirt road. Went from the flow country up into the hillier country before stopping to make a brew and eat my sandwiches. The road which had been wet clay for the last few miles was getting wetter and more slushy as I went, the increasing wind from the high hills was very cold still and seen as how it had gone 4pm I decided to start heading back. A great day out and yes, I may have been quicker on the Pugsley or Mercian but this was a recce for a camping trip so I rode the Bullitt. A nice relaxing ride and I was carrying quite a lot of stuff to weigh it down.

Made it home for 6.15 which was perfect timing as Heather messaged me that she had made pizza dough and sauce, so fire up the pizza oven and dinner within the hour :)
Hope others had nice weather as well. It is now sleeting here so a good call to go today, besides it is tour of Flanders tomorrow ;)


Jamie Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...