Monday 14 October 2019

13/10/2019 - Local Coast Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

After a really busy month where I have been away from home more than I have been there at weekends, it was nice to be back home for a Sunday where I awoke to a nice sunny day.
I had some work to do first thing and then the plan in my head was to just get out for a cruise on the Jack Taylor.  I had to sort the front wheel that had become a bit rattley after the Jack Taylor weekend and thankfully it was as expected, that the cones had slackened in the hub slightly after the last service. I had replaced the bearings so I either didn't tighten them properly or they just bedded in slightly, either way it was just a small job to readjust them and then hit the road.
No real destination in mind other than to cruise leisurely around the coast.
I rode the back roads and then after Castletown Harbour headed back through the old estate track which was still wet and boggy after the rains last week but no problem at the speeds I was going :)
Got in around 5pm just as the temperature was beginning to drop and you could really feel the difference. Summer is well and truly behind us now.
Good to be back out and clearing the head. Hopefully everyone else has had a good weekend with maybe a ride or two thrown in.

Jamie

IMG_2102 IMG_2101 (2) IMG_2105 IMG_2110 IMG_2107

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...