Thursday 9 May 2019

Monday 6th May 2019 - Jack Taylor Super Clubman ride - Local

Hopefully everyone has had a decent bank holiday weekend, I also hope the weather was a bit better with the rest of you than what it was up here.
I technically had today off but went and worked/ or sounded out work with someone else, maybe time for a change, anyways I was home for about 1.30.
The weekend up here seen me pottering about with several projects but no real riding, we have had snow, hail, sleet along with gale force winds since Thursday. Today was better especially this afternoon as the wind had dropped and the sun was out between hail and rain showers but did finally manage to get out for a while on the Jack Taylor. I had planned on swapping the bars out for the new Nitto B136 randonneurs along with the new 80mm stem. I was also going to take away the Dura Ace aero levers and put on some Mavic 419s I have. I have the three sets of levers and have earmarked the black hooded ones for a very distinct build but the other two are for the Taylor and the Mercian tourer. I just couldn't make up my mind which ones for which. The solid bladed set with the Dia Comp hoods are for the Mercian and the other drilled 419 pair are for the Jack Taylor I have decided. Earlier in the week I polished the two drilled pair and also washed the hoods as they were a bit manky from sitting around. Came up nicely. Just pottering really but after riding the Taylor this afternoon confirmed the decision about the bars and the shorter stem on the Jack Taylor. Fitted some bits up to the Mercian as well but this is really just to get it rolling while the other one is finished off. It will be a real parts mock up and then if it works then it may get built properly over time but the other King of Mercia is first.
Anyway a nice ride and then just playing outside with bike parts between playing with Caleb and the dog.
A nice weekend.

Jamie
IMG_0878 IMG_0883 IMG_0887 IMG_0888 IMG_0859

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...