Thursday 11 October 2018

10 OCTOBER 2018 - Jack Taylor ride Easter Ross/ Cromarty with Brian

With a forecast one day of respite between the days of rain and gale force winds over most of the north of Scotland, I managed to get the day off and head south to ride the Jack Taylor round Easter Ross and the Black Isle with my friend Brian MacLeod. 
When I seen the forecast yesterday I asked the boss for a well day to go riding, I wasn't sick, I was too well to come in and needed to ride in the sun before winter closed in once more. Thankfully she understands and approved it. 
Weather was fantastic and a  familiar route that took in some hills, quiet roads and some off road track round the Cromarty shore made the hours and miles fly by all too quickly. We stopped at a lovely cafĂ© in Muir of Ord and enjoyed a coffee and a huge wedge of a brie scone for lunch which obviously was needed to keep up the energy levels.  
The Super Clubman rode brilliantly as usual, handling everything in its relaxed but superb way and this is it still in it's cobbled together with spares guise. Gave me time to make up my mind regards repainting it and for the foreseeable future I am just going to keep waxing it to keep the rust at bay rather than lose Jacks original paint. I will build it up with the parts I already have and set it up properly not just in a temporary way as it is such a nice ride already that it will be so sweet set up right. 
A lovely ride in glorious weather finished with a quick coffee at Brians before the couple of hours drive home.  
Well worth it though as it was a very enjoyable day with great company. Cheers Brian 
Also the best way to break up a working week.

Jamie


DSCN5319 DSCN5322 DSCN5324 DSCN5325 DSCN5330 DSCN5332 DSCN5337 DSCN5340 DSCN5342 DSCN5343 DSCN5349 DSCN5346 DSCN5353 DSCN5356 DSCN5359 DSCN5360

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...