Wednesday 10 July 2024

July 2024 - Jack Taylor Super Tourist - New Tyres - Michelin World Tour 700c X 35

 Finally the new tyres arrived. 

It was time to replace the original World Tours with a set of new fresh versions. While the old ones had only done about 60 miles over their life, they were fitted in 1983 and when I bought it last year they were splitting and cracking on the sidewalls. 

Once off you could really see they were splitting all over the tread as well. Even with such low mileage I  am lucky I hadn't punctured on them or even worse, had a blowout. 

All fitted and hubs greased and adjusted now as well so it is rolling superbly. While the old ones looked fine to me, you could certainly see the improvement with the new ones. 

Felt noticeably nicer on the test ride as well. I would imagine they are a bit more supple, though whether this is because they aren't 34 years old or because of developments in the tyre over the years, but either way an improvement. 

Jamie 



Untitled Old and New Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat 07th September 2024 - Mercian - King of Mercia - Local Coastal Ride

Wow!  I didn't realise it's been so long since I posted one the rides on the King Of Mercia!  I have been riding it, honest, just no...