Thursday 18 July 2024

Wednesday 17th July 2024 - Jack Taylor Super Tourist - Contin - Meig Dam

 Was out yesterday on a lovely ride from Contin out to Meig dam with my usual wingman Brian (epicyclo) and my young son Caleb. Calebs first time down this road.

It was certainly a good day for it, bit of cloud, no wind but quite warm.
While not a big epic ride it was good 4 or so hours out and about enjoying the beautiful scenery.
I had the Super Tourer sorted, I hoped, everything cleaned and regreased, BB, headset, hubs, new tyres and it didn't disappoint. It really did finally feel like riding a new bike, quiet, everything slick, even the dyno that I inadvertently clicked on was hardly noticeable.
I got Caleb to take it for a ride, he doesn't like drop bars at all, but put it in a gear and said just ride the tops and see what you think. Well when I could finally prize his backside from the seat, he was all full of wonder at how nice it was. It's a start. 
It was nice to finally have the Super Tourer riding as it should. While technically it is a new bike in the sense it had only done 20 miles, it was unused for 34 years and as such had dried up/thickening grease as well as naturally perished rubber. So was nice to feel it how I always imagined it would. 
Anyway, good to be out mid week and getting a ride in with my boy. Hopefully he will be out with us on a few more of these randonneur type rides. 
I think it tired him slightly as he was asleep in the van on our 2 hour + drive home. 

Jamie

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat 07th September 2024 - Mercian - King of Mercia - Local Coastal Ride

Wow!  I didn't realise it's been so long since I posted one the rides on the King Of Mercia!  I have been riding it, honest, just no...