Wednesday 23 August 2023

July 28th 2023 - New arrival to the stable - Shand Bahookie MTB frame and fork!

 I have also been doing a bit of maintenance on my 1X1 lately, along with Brian as we have both decided to run our 1X1s in the StrathPuffer 24 hour race next January after we both once again managed to get entries earlier this month. Usually I run my Pugsley singlespeed but next year I think will be my last so time for something a bit different for a change.

I really wanted to make an effort for next year after the situation this year, don't get me wrong, I was thankful to be there at the start and pleased to be able to do a lap let alone three but I feel I am better now and am looking forward to a more normal Puffer next year. Though the only spanner in the works may be the 1X1, and while I really love my 1X1, my new dirt roads tourer is awaiting boost dropouts, it does have singlespeed dropouts to get me by. I see a plan coming together. 
This recent purchase was an opportunity too good to pass up. It was my size and was located just around the corner from Brians, whom I was on my way to visit, and it was a bargain. 
These Scottish built steel frames are super expensive new and are built to order so very rarely come up secondhand, so to find one in my size that was sensibly priced was very lucky indeed. This does have Alfine/Rohloff dropouts fitted which can run my singlespeed no problem, but my end vision for this one is geared with a 1 X 11, Johnes style bar with a rear rack and bikepacking type bags up front for some dirt touring. I am very thankful to Brian as well who has loaned me a nice Truvativ crankset and some BB7 brakes to kick off the build. Brian was also looking to build his Shand Fatbike prototype up into a +size dirt tourer. I see some winter builds happening here. 
Very nicely built frameset and fork and as usual I do know I am lucky I have an understanding wife. 

Jamie 

 
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...