Saturday 17 December 2022

November 12th 2022 - Mercian King of Mercia - Local coastal ride

 Out and about pretty late on this afternoon and you can certainly tell winter is starting. Lucky with the lack of rain today as it has been pretty damp most of the week, right through to early this morning.

Decided to make the most of the small break in the weather late on. Ride was a nice couple of hours with just a little bit of off road while meandering round the coast but a bit too muddy to be mucking about on wet clay in the semi dark conditions, so mostly tar and gravel bike path.
Sky was its usual loveliness for this time of year and everchanging which made the dark creep in unexpectantly. This meant the last few road miles were done at a good pace just so I could beat the darkness home. 
The KOM was its usual joy to ride, really loving this now that I have it set up how I wanted and imagine it will be a bit better once I tidy everything up. It is such a sweet ride and ranks right up there on a par with my Jack Taylor. The more I get it sorted the better it gets, and it handles and rides so stable and comfortable it's not surprising it's similar to the Jack Taylor. It's definitely the long wheelbase and rake that work for me these days. 
I am sure I have mentioned this before that it may be an age thing or natural progression of a life spent riding bikes but as I am getting older, and I imagine a bit slower, I am, like the rest of life, not in such a rush anymore and while I have always loved my touring bikes I find I appreciate the more subtle qualities of the ride now. This I cannot always understand myself let alone put into words.

Jamie


Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...