Sunday 25 April 2021

March 21st 2021 - Highland Classic Bicycle Groups Crocus Ride - Inverness - Flying Scot Tandem

A few photos from March 21st socially distanced ride with the Highland Classic Bicycle Groups Crocus ride in Inverness.
Caleb and I were on the Flying Scot tandem and had a great day out together riding through Inverness and along the canal with Brian and everyone else with a picnic lunch along the canal. Great to see Brian everyone again. Caleb had a ball and did him no end of good to get out.
So glad he decided to come so we could get some miles in on the tandem. He almost didn't come as when I asked each time on Saturday he just kept saying no he didn't feel like it. I even tried to convince him just before he went to bed as I was loading the Jack Taylor into the van as I had to leave by 6am to drive the couple of hours south to Inverness and get Brian on the way. No he wasn't coming, Ok can't be too hard but knew something wasn't right as he had been shielding again since Christmas due to Heather and he was just anxious about being out around people and also about leaving Heather on her own, though she really needed the time alone. Anyway as I was leaving at 6 am heading out the door with a coffee in my hand, van warming up he came out of his bedroom half asleep saying he had changed his mind and wanted to come. I said too late my boy as I had to leave and didn't have time to unpack, get him ready, then dig out the tandem and load it up. Said goodbye and left, well I only got about a mile down the road, rang Heather and said get him ready and I would be home in a minute to swap bikes etc but he needed his breakfast to eat in the van and I would make his sandwiches for lunch. I'm far too soft. 
Well we had a great day out and you can see by the smile in the photos that he did too. He always loves riding the tandem and I knew he would be fine once he was out. He loved the ride all along the river and canals all over Inverness and really liked that there were other children on the ride.
A grand day out for sure

Jamie

IMG_5344 IMG_5345 IMG_5347 IMG_5349 IMG_5352 IMG_5355 IMG_5357 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...