Monday 7 December 2020

Sunday 6th December 2020 - Long Haul Trucker testing lights - Quick local ride

 Well after yesterdays trip south and fabulous Fatbike ride I had some chores to do this morning before heading out with the family for a socially distanced lunch at a local cafe. The weather was a bit nicer with the rain stopped. I did manage to get the Pugsley washed, greased and oiled and put away before heading out and when I returned I thought I better hook up the lights from Planet X and take them on a test ride on the Long Haul Trucker, in the interests of safety of course. These may become my new commuting lights rather than use my Trouties for commuting.  Just an excuse to hook up my new lights and have a quiet ride on a Sunday .

So just a short late afternoon ride of an hour and a half up around the backroads towards Thurso. The lights work fantastically well and give a great spread of light. Highly recommend. These were in the Planet X Christmas sale and were heavily discounted. The bonus is the battery is a long charge one that is compatible with my good Troutie lights. The Long Haul Trucker was a pleasure to ride and like the Pugsley it has been about a month or so since I last rode it as I have been giving the Jack Taylor a fair workout lately, but the Trucker is my modern do it all and do it nicely ride. So comfortable and fits like a glove.  Just coming on for 10 years since I built my Trucker and it's done some work over that time and still love riding it.  :) 


Jamie

IMG_4426 IMG_4430 IMG_4445 IMG_4451

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...