Monday 30 March 2020

March 2020 - Long Haul Trucker commuting

Certainly the changing landscape of our world these last few weeks has turned life a bit upside down for many of us. For myself in my job I must keep going in each day, though the structure and logistics of it are very changed and on the other front my wife and son are on high lockdown so returning each evening is a long drawn out disinfecting process, but thankful I get to go home and grateful everyone is healthy.
I have been commuting to work on my Long Haul trucker and more than ever I am grateful for it on the ride home. The ride home tends to allow me to lose any of the stresses or worries from work and keep in perspective what matters to me most, my family. It allows me to arrive home in a good mood without any residual worry from work and allows me to be fresh and relaxed to hear what my son and wife have been doing with their days work.
It's also strange to commute with so few cars on the road. While we live in a quiet rural area and have nowhere near the traffic most would have living in more urban areas, it is still noticeable by it's absence.
I have also been fortunate with the weather most days.
Stay safe and take care where ever you may be.

Jamie


IMG_2531 IMG_2546

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...