Saturday 10 November 2018

10th November 2018 - Unusual Saturday commute on the Jack Taylor


Well today I had to go into work after lunch to read a test I set up yesterday, I don't work Saturday as we aren't even open but I said I would go and sort it rather than wait until next Tuesday for a result. It was such a lovely day, sun out, cool crisp air and a stiff breeze from the south west which mad it a push to town but a slightly easier return.
I had to be there for around 2 so decided to head out on the Jack Taylor, do my usual commute with a photo stop at Dunnett on the way and then take a few small detours and photos on the way home.  I couldn't muck around too long as I had to be back for 4.30 at the latest as we had dinner booked at a cafĂ© in town for 5.30 and then go to the fireworks and bonfire in town.
It was a really nice commute, I don't know whether it's because I was really just having a ride as I didn't have to be there at a specific time or because I hadn't ridden to work on the Jack Taylor, either way it didn't feel like I was going to work. I was only there about 25minutes and then I was back on the road, back through town and across the river and then back out tohome through castletown and Dunnett stopping afor a couple of photos here and there. Got home just on 4pm as it was just starting to get dark so timing was great for once.
The Jack Taylor rode brilliantly as usual but I think as I am going to leave it in it's patina rather than repaint I will limit it's winter riding and will start fitting it with the components that will stay on it and are better suited to it. Brian and I have a ride in a couple of weeks so I will swap out the bar, stem (Nitto) and brake levers (Mafac) to those I have waiting and try them on this ride.
So not a bad run to work and certainly a nice way to do the 48klm commute. 
I hope everyone else had some of the good weather this weekend as well.

Jamie

DSCN5465 DSCN5466 DSCN5471 DSCN5476 DSCN5481 DSCN5484

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...