Thursday 20 September 2018

September 2018 - Pleasant suprise after missing the Jack Taylor ride weekend in Yorkshire

Early in September I unfortunately had to miss a ride that I had been looking forward to for a long time due to unforeseen issues on the home front. This was the Jack Taylor weekend down in Yorkshire,  it was a long weekend/bank holiday with three day rides heading out from the same start point, that being the Rusty Bike CafĂ© in Swainby.  I was only going for the Saturday ride what with just being back from Germany and then away for work, but sadly didn't work out.  I made my apologies to all and wished everyone a safe and happy weekends riding.
I was looking forward to meeting up and riding with fellow Jack Taylor owners, most of whom I hadn't met before but had chatted to quite a few over social media groups and forums previously so it would be good to put some faces to names as well as meet and ride with new people. It was also going to be that bit special as Ken Taylor would be at the start each day. He was looking pretty good for a man over 90 years old.
Hopefully I will get down for next years ride or for any of the other day rides that may happen to be organised by Eric, the gentleman who put this weekend together.
The photos posted on the facebook group and flickr from various people show what a great weekend it was with some really stunning Taylors on show.
It wasn't all bad for me that weekend as I did get out riding on the Monday as that is the ride posted below with Brian to Drumochter pass on the LHT so there was a bit of riding once sorted and of course the sidecar with Caleb.
I was really surprised and touched when I received through the mail this week the ride handouts with map, route guide and a page of Ken Taylor bio all signed by Ken with his trademark signature of 'Have a nice ride', something he was famous for writing on the box's containing your new Jack Taylor bike or frame being sent out. This was really nice of Eric to organise and of course, for Ken to do as it certainly means a lot to me and I am very grateful and appreciative that you thought of me  even though I couldn't make it.
I will do my best to pay it forward.

Jamie


2018 Aug 25 Taylor Brothers Cycle Ride  (20) DSC_0288 DSC_0287

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday 31st March 2024 - Aviemore Easter Ride - Jack Taylor Super Clubman

 Easter Weekend ride part 2: A weekend away south to Aviemore to meet up with family and friends from even further south and  spend some tim...