Sunday 8 September 2024

Sat 07th September 2024 - Mercian - King of Mercia - Local Coastal Ride

Wow!  I didn't realise it's been so long since I posted one the rides on the King Of Mercia! 

I have been riding it, honest, just not posting clearly :) 

It has seen a fair few commutes and local rides when I have a couple of hours to spare, longer rides away tend to have been on the Jack Taylors this year, or my Long Haul trucker for my few and far between Audax rides.

So yesterday was glorious up here after a foggy start and I had to go to one of the local markets for lunch and then head to town to get a couple of electrical sockets for the house, I checked the tyres on the trusty KOM and headed out into the summery afternoon.

It may have been a while since I had ridden the KOM but it only took a few peddle strokes to feel right back at home and realise what a joy this bike is. It fits like a glove, handles anything and everything with such calmness and poise that it's hard not to relax and enjoy it. It just handles so nicely and is a joy to ride.  

I stopped at the market and had lunch before heading into town, picking up the sockets before deciding on a coastal ride home. This consisted of a small bit of walking path and then some singletrack path with a bit of farm track before the last part on the main road. All of it handle with ease and a few stops for a couple of photographs, before realising the time and having to race home as we were going out. Time flies when you are having fun.

Hopefully won't be so long before posting the Mercian next time. 


Jamie



Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sat 07th September 2024 - Mercian - King of Mercia - Local Coastal Ride

Wow!  I didn't realise it's been so long since I posted one the rides on the King Of Mercia!  I have been riding it, honest, just no...